Thursday, October 25, 2007

Top Ten Bands That Are Currently Owning My Life (As Of 10/25/07)

10. Finch
"I feel diseased
Is there no sympathy from the sun?
The sky's still fire
But I am safe in here, from the world outside"


CURRENT FAVORITE SONG: "What It Is To Burn"

9. Rancid
"It takes disaster to learn a lesson
You're gonna make it through the darkest night
Some people betray one and cause treason
We're gonna make everything alright"


CURRENT FAVORITE SONG: "Fall Back Down"

8. The Used
"And it's hard to say how I feel today
For years gone by, and I cried..."


CURRENT FAVORITE SONG: "Hard To Say" or "Blue And Yellow"

7. Shiny Toy Guns
"I try – to digest my pride.
But passions grip I fear.
When I climb – into shallow vats of wine.
I think I almost hear – but it's not clear."


CURRENT FAVORITE SONG:
"You Are The One" or "Le Disko"

6. Tegan & Sara
"I'm not unfaithful, but I'll stray"

CURRENT FAVORITE SONG: "Back In Your Head"

5. The Format
"I've read every word you're said
From a poster of a cat
Four books look across your sofa
I thought your coffee table
was more clever than that"


CURRENT FAVORITE SONG: "Dead End"

4. Barenaked Ladies
"It's like a dream you try to remember
But it's gone
Then you try to scream
But it only comes out as a yawn"


CURRENT FAVORITE SONG:
"Pinch Me"

3. Guns N' Roses
"Mama put my guns in the ground
I can't shoot them anymore
That cold black cloud is comin' down
Feels like I'm knockin' on heaven's door"


CURRENT FAVORITE SONG:
"Knockin' On Heaven's Door" or "Sweet Child O' Mine"

2. Envy On The Coast
"Isabella, stand a little bit taller.
I am the aisle in the back beside the votive light.
Who did this to you, dear?
May you never shed a damn tear."


CURRENT FAVORITE SONG:
"Sugar Skulls" or "Temper Temper" or "The Gift Of Paralysis"

1. Avenged Sevenfold
"Play your game and walk away, your integrity don't mean shit.
Crawl on me you fucking parasite, and I'm gonna take you out."


CURRENT FAVORITE SONG: "Critical Acclaim", "Unholy Confessions", "Blinded In Chains"

NOTE: If you only check out one of the songs, please please please make it "The Gift Of Paralysis". That song is amazing. All the links are youtube videos of the songs.

I now have "Fall Back Down" by Rancid stuck in my head...

ETA: Crap, I forgot Radiohead and Velvet Revolver. Ugh.

No comments: