Sunday, July 08, 2007

One more rant, then I'm good...

When one enters my bedroom, the first thing that they notice are my walls. And the funny thing is that you can barely seen my walls. You see, I’ve collected so many posters, pictures, and articles over the past months that two sides of my room are no longer even visible. They’re supposedly a deep shade of green, but I’m sure that the color’s faded a bit now for being covered up for so long. So what kind of posters have I decided to plaster all over my bedroom? Bands. Tons of them. But the band featured most would hands down be Panic! At the Disco. I’m going to say this very clear and simply: I’m obsessed with their music. You may want to re-read that line to make sure you’ve heard me correctly, or in this case read. I’m utterly obsessed with their MUSIC, not them. If someone were to ask me about their physical appearance, I’d say they look pretty good. But do I like them in that way? No, of course not. Do I say that I love them like the majority of their fan base? Absolutely not. I can’t say that I love them because I don’t personally know them. You can’t say that you love someone after only seeing their photo. Acting like that will only qualify you to be called names such as shallow, ignorant, and well...slut.- A fan fiction called "The Missing Frame" by Zeik.

I was reading that fanfic today, and as I read that part it almost perfectly describes me and my feelings about guys in famous bands like My Chem, Taking Back Sunday, Panic! at the Disco, ECT. I fell in love with these bands because of their MUSIC. I did not see their picture and say "Oh, they are sooo hot, I'm going to start listening to their music". I respect them as artists, well, because they make damn good music. Not because they are good looking.

I do have bands all over my walls, but I don't even have Panic! on my wall. The bands I like, I'm obsessed with their MUSIC. NOT THEM.

So if you come up to me and say Gerard Way is hot, It will take all my willpower not to gauge your eyes out. And even then I'm not promising anything.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. *sighs*

I think I got all of it out. And I hope I have made myself clear. I AM NOT A FANGIRL.

-Fracky Devine

P.S. Yes, I read fan fiction. Just because I like it. I'm not going to defend it, because I like to read it. Do I have myself clear? I only read the good fan fiction anyway.

Have the bold and italics made it clear that I'm PISSED?!?

No comments: