Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Reflective Post

So, a couple minutes earlier, I am lying in my bed listening to Fall Out Boy's new CD Infinity On High in the dark. It made me think about things.

Well, my first thought or feeling, was regret. Regret for the letting the band member's personalities and what they did with their lives affect me so. Regret for dropping this band like a hot potato when I found that I did not respect the band members anymore.

Nostalgia. Fall Out Boy was my first band love EVER. They got me into music. I looked up the bands they liked and looked up bands on the same label as them. For that, I am eternally grateful.

Realization. Realization that they are not the best band in the world. Realization that other bands make better music. As I was listening to it, I found that it wasn't amazing or powerful or epic. It's just good. It's not great.

Pete Wentz's lyrics are very egotistical. "The only thing I haven't done yet is die." Ok. We get it. But that being said, that boy does have a way with words, egotistical or not.

I don't want to be a Fall Out Boy hater or die-hard "Fall Out Boy is my favorite band, they make the most amazing music" kind of fan. I like them. I don't necessarily respect them.

Gawd. Fall Out Boy and I have had a very long and winding relationship. And I feel I have come to some acceptence.

-Fracky

No comments: