Sunday, June 17, 2007

HOLY SHIZZMAT!

Ok, so, listening to the new Paramore CD on Itunes. I didn't think it was possible for me to love this band more. I was so wrong.

Well, first off, the songs are frickin catchy. It's the kind of music you would be in your car blaring it as loud as possible singing at the top of your lungs. Well, that's what I would do.

The lyrics are amazing. Nuff said. They are not dark, but they are not all sunshine either. It is a very nice balance. They are sung in a very upbeat tone. On the flip side, there are a couple of ballads in there too. Done very very very well.

Had to revise this. Went on youtube and listened to the full songs. It changed my opinion greatly. Sorry.

1. For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic- 4 out 5. This a great example of slightly dark lyrics sung in an upbeat tone.

2. That's What You Get- 5 out 5. Great chorus. Great vocals.

3. Hallelujah- 55 out 5. Dahude! No words. I'm officially a Paramore lover.

4. Misery Business- 4 out of 5. I LOVE the drumming in this song.

5. When It Rains- 4 out 5. Well, first off, I love the guitar in this song. It's growing on me.

6. Let The Flames Begin- 5 out of 5. Okay, listened to the full song and, it's frickin amazing! The chorus, gawd. Everything about the song just works. Everything fits.

7. Miracle- 4 out of 5. Very head-bangable. (If that's a word, if not I just made a new one)

8. crushcrushcrush- 1000 out of 5. Good lord. I don't really care if you don't look up any of the other songs, but PLEASE! For your own sanity please look up this song. It will blow your face off. I'm serious.

9. We Are Broken-4 out of 5. Bumped it up to a 4. Her voice is PERFECT for this song. Gloom and sadness are just pouring out.

10. Fences- 5 out of 5. What can I say other than amazing!

11. Born For This- 4 out of 5. Really really good lyrics. Fun to sing along too. Anthem-esque.


Please don't take this review seriously. I'm not that good at reviewing songs yet, and I still have a lot to learn. This is just my newbie opinion.

No comments: